Adventure sport adventures can be a great way to get out of your comfort zone, learn new skills, and have some fun while you are doing it! Here are some tips on how to get started:
1. Find an adventure sport that is right for you. There are many different types of adventure sports, so find one that interests you and find a class or instructor that can teach you the basics. If you have any questions, be sure to visit the Adventure Courses section by checking over here.
2. Get organized. Before you start your adventure sport journey, make sure you have all the necessary supplies: water bottles, snacks, sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, insect repellent, and first-aid kit. Planning ahead will help avoid any surprises on your trip!
3. Choose wisely when choosing an adventure sport destination. Before booking your trip, do your research to find a safe and reputable place to go. Make sure the location is suited for the activity you plan to do and is accessible by vehicle or other means of transportation.
4. Be prepared for anything! When planning your adventure sport trip, be prepared for rough terrain, extreme weather conditions (including lightning and thunderstorms!), and possible wildlife encounters. Be smart about where you go and how you travel; do not put yourself or others in danger.
5. Use extreme caution when encountering bears, mountain lions, or other wildlife. Use your common sense always.
6. Go prepared, safe and have fun! Safety and preparation are key when traveling in the backcountry. Always plan ahead and be prepared to make emergency decisions on the fly day-to-day – no matter what the activity is.