How To Install The Range Extender Using The WEP Encryption On Main Router?
Thursday , 12, March 2020
Technology and Gadgets
Today in this post, we will walk you through the steps to install the range extender using the main router WEP encryption. No matter which extender you are going to install whether it is Ex6100, 6000 or Netgear Ex2700 setup the steps are the same for all the devices.
WEP is a security algorithm used for wireless networks. It follows 802.11 standards. It intends to provide data security that travels in the form of packets. If you are using the traditional wired network, then you might have noticed that the data was not security during the transferred and it can be easily hacked by hackers available on different routes. The WEP is recognized through the key of 12 to 26 hexadecimal digits.
- First of all, you need to check the encryption on the main router.
- Connect the extender to the default SSID.
- Access the user interface wizard by entering Mywifiext.net or the IP address in the address space. Select the ‘Wireless range extender mode’. If you don’t know ‘How do WiFi extender works’, then click on ‘Wi-Fi range extender mode’.
- Select the network that is utilizing the WEP encryption.
- Enter the WEP key on key 1.
- If you want to restore the wireless settings of the router, then click on the checkbox given next to ‘Use the same security and password for those as of existing network’.
- Press ‘Continue’ and wait till you get any message from the wizard interface.
- Reconnect the wireless client to see the new wireless name of the range extender.
- Click on the box which says ‘Once you have connected the smart devices’ and press ‘Continue’.
- There on the last page, a confirmation message will be displayed. It means the extender is successfully configured.
After applying the above-mentioned steps, if you are still getting any problem, then contact the wireless range extender experts available 24×7 at My WiFi Ext Fix. You can also call us on pur toll free number and get the required help from our expert technicians.