Partner-sponsored migration is based on their relationship with the Australian sponsor. Partner-sponsored candidates will be assessed individually based on the nature of their relationship. An Australian visa for partnersallows the spouse or partner of an Australian citizen who is a permanent resident of Australia or a qualified New Zealand resident to live in Australia.
Image Source: Google
Partner visas are processed in 2 stages 820/309 – Temporary and 801/100 Permanent, with a difference of about 2 years.
Who can get an affiliate visa?
Applicants must be able to provide the following:
- Proof of the truth of the relationship
- Proof of the duration of their relationship and the time they lived together
- Financial evidence to support their joint commitment
- Evidence of social characteristics of the relationship, including photos and letters of support from family and friends describing their relationship.
- Be in a real and lasting relationship
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Meet additional criteria for the stream you are applying for
- This visa allows the applicant to live, work and study in Australia.
Eligibility criteria for a future marriage visa
- Applicants must be sponsored by their fianc, who must be at least 18 years old
- It must be sponsored by an Australian citizen or an eligible permanent resident or New Zealand citizen who has sponsorship obligations.
- You must know each other personally and physically to meet your fianc (e), you are not allowed to marry before entering Australia.
- Applicants must be married within 9 months of entering Australia.